Still Blonde After All These Years.... and will remind you of a Wonderful Chicken Tortilla Stew with Avocados, but for Halloween imaginations…we have Gopher Gut Stew!!!Essentially this Halloween recipe comes from the fine folks at
This recipe is so easy, you can whip it up in a shake of a warewolf's tail.... Prep time: 30 min. Cook time: 1 hour. Total time: 1 hour 30 min.
–Shredded skinless boneless Chicken breast:1 pound (Can use a roaster or canned chicken breast)
–Stock, Chicken:8 cups (Make your own or use Prepared)
–Juice of limes:3
–Tomato juice:1 cup
–Chopped Red bell pepper:1/2 cups
–Chopped and cleaned Jalapeno:(1)
–Chopped cilantro:1/4 cups
–Worcestershire sauce:4 tsp
–Chopped green onions:(3)
–Uncooked Rice:1/2 cups
–Per bowl, Avocados from Mexico: (1)
–Shredded Mexican Cheese: 1 cup
–Minced Garlic:1 tsp.
–Ground black pepper:1/2tsp
–Salt to Taste
–Tortilla Strips (Red and Blue If possible)
Yield: (4 servings)
1. In a large soup pot, simmer the chicken stock, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juices with the jalapeno, cilantro for 45 minutes.While simmering; grill the chicken until cooked all of the way through, then shred (optional–use canned chicken breast.)
2. Strain simmered stock mixture and add green onion, chilies, red bell pepper, rice, corn, garlic to the remaining strained stock and simmer for 20 minutes. The mixture will have the consistency of a soupy stew.
3. Mash up the avocados and then pipe them on top of the stew to create a “Gopher Gut” look, add a teeny bit of lime juice if not serving immediately to keep avocado from turning brown. Artfully, place the tortilla strips and shredded cheese on top of the “Guts” .
- Macaroni and Cheese (made according to package directions or homemade)
- Sauteed spinach
- Sliced black olives
- Mix up a batch of mac & cheese
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 300 degrees until firm (about 15-25 minutes depending on your oven)
- Sautee spinach over medium-high heat until cooked throughly, coer and set aside
- Remove tins from oven. Let the creatures rest for about 10 minutes, then gently remove from tins
- Place upside down on a swamp of sauteed spinach
- Add olive slice eyes
For more family firendly recipes check out Disney Family Fun!