Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
~3 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
~4 large eggs
~2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
~1/4 cup chopped green chiles, well drained
~2 tsp garlic powder
~1 tsp chili powder
~About 6 scallions
~1/4 cup guacamole
~1 black olive, cut in half
~1/4 cup ketchup
~2 tsp chili powder
You will need: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Cover both halves of pan set with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick foil.
2. To make Filling: Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well. Stir in cheese, chiles, garlic powder and chili powder; blend well. Divide mixture between the two pans. Place pans on baking sheets and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until centers slightly shake when pans are jiggled.
3. Remove pans to wire rack to cool 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
4. To Decorate: For eyelashes, cut roots from scallions and cut 3-in. length from bottom. Cut in half lengthwise and peel off layers. Cut each layer into fringe, leaving the bottom 1/4 in. uncut. Place in ice water to curl, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, invert pans with cheesecakes onto serving platter; peel off foil. Attach eyelashes with some of the guacamole.
5. Spread remaining guacamole in center of eyeballs and insert an olive half in center of guacamole. Mix ketchup and chili powder in a small bowl. Transfer to ziptop bag and snip off a small piece from one corner. Pipe veins on eyeballs, reserving some for Ghost Toasts.
GHOST TOAST RECIPE
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
~1 pkg (12 oz) pita bread
~Favorite herbs and spices, fresh or dried (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Split pita breads in half through pocket. Cut into ghost shapes with 3-in. ghost-shaped cookie cutter, three cutouts per half. Arrange on baking sheet(s). Coat with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with salt, herbs and spices, if desired.
3. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Let cool slightly on wire rack.
4. If desired, pipe eyes and mouths with some of ketchup mixture left over from veins on eyeball cheesecakes.
For more great ideas and things to buy, click here to see the Wilton website!