~3 (8 oz.) packages soft goat cheese or cream cheese
~1/3 C. chopped parsley or chives
~1/3 C. finely chopped nuts
~2 tbsp. poppy seeds (optional) 2 small button mushrooms
~3-4 broccoli florets
~1 slice from a narrow red bell pepper
1. On your serving platter, form your cheese into a man shape, like that pictured. If the legs and arms are at odd angles, it's gives the impression that he's writhing in pain.
2. Gently press chopped parsley or chives into cheese from the "waist" down to make pants. Make poppy seed "shoes" if desired.
3. Press the finely chopped nuts from the waist to neckline, to make a nut shirt. Leave "hands" bare.
4. Chill until firm, 2-3 hours at least.
5. Decorate the head with button mushrooms for eyes, broccoli hair, and a screaming red pepper mouth.
6. Allow to soften slightly before serving. Surround with your preferred combination of cheese, meats, veggies, and crackers.
This is one of the most easily adjustable easy Halloween recipes you can make. Want to make a smaller Zombie for a small dinner party? Use less cheese. Want a larger one? Simply buy more cheese. Since the rest is just decorating, it's easy to adjust your ingredients. This recipe makes a medium-sized Zombie, enough to feed about 15 people.
Click here for more freaky recipe ideas!