"spirit" of the Halloween season, while I was in the kitchen whipping up some Goblin Grub (a.k.a. queso dip)!
Here's what you'll need:
~1 lg. lean ground chuck
~1 regular size package of Velveeta
~1 car of Pace Picante sauce
~1 cup of milk
~green food coloring
Here's what you do:
1. In a skillet, brown the ground chuck, cook well, drain off excess fat. Set aside.
2. Pour milk into large sauce pan.
3. Slice Velveeta in to cube size, put in sauce pan.
4. Cook on medium-high, stirring as the cheese melts. (Do not let sit, stir to keep cheese from sticking to bottom of pan)
5. Once cheese has completely melted, add ground chuck, mix well.
6. Turn heat down to low.
7. Add picante sauce, mix well.
8. Add several drops of green food color (to desired shade of green)
9. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a scoop of picante on top and serve with tortilla chips!